- Austrian hospitals expect a decrease of the economic situation
- The percentage of profit making hospitals is going to decrease within 2016
- Political health care efforts are seen critical
- More than a quarter of all hospitals lack the money for future oriented investments
- Result optimization remains permanent task in order to improve economic situation
- Biggest challenge is implementation of measures
The economic situation of Austrians hospitals is going to decrease within the next years: Although the majority of hospitals could increase their profit in 2014, half of all hospitals are very cautious in their expectation for future profit development – only a few expected a positive result in 2015. Almost all hospitals try to implement measures focusing on profit and cost optimization to meet this challenging economic situation that will most likely settle for the coming years. This is one of the results of the new Roland Berger study on the topic "Result optimization of Austrian hospitals." The survey was conducted with CEO's of the biggest Austrian hospitals.